Saturday, November 09, 2013

[Product Review] Palmer's No Blade Cream - Cocoa Butter Hair Remover

Note: Now and then, I will start including some of the product review that I feel like writing. Pardon me if u feel that it's annoying :p

This will be my 1st ever written review. I do appreciate those who make time writing their opinion of the products they have and it really helps a lot for people who wanted to have few says of others in making their decision whether to try and buy a product or not.

So here's the star of the entry.


I was looking for hair remover for my legs. I had previously try using Veet Wax Strips but i found out that the strips stick to each other after I have opened them for a while. Let me explain if u don't understand what I mean. In a box, there are 20 strips. I usually use 3 strips every time I was. Due to I only wax maybe every 3 weeks, I ended up keeping the balance of the unused strips for a while. The trouble comes when the glue on the strips stick to each other. 1 strip can be separated into 2 sides. When I peel the strips apart, some of the glue on 1 side sticks to the other side. Leaving patches of glue, which makes it ineffective when waxing.

So, I went for a hunt for hair remover. Just for the sake of trying. I know hair remover doesn't remove the hair from the roots so the hair will grow faster but I'll give it a try. I was looking around the shelf on Watson when I saw Palmer's No Blade Cream. It was actually on sale. Can't recall how much it worth exactly, but it was around RM16 for a 125g of tube.

The product is PINK in color and heck, the smell stinks. Well.... it has the same smell as other hair remover in the market.

From the box:
For softer, smoother skin. Longer lasting results. 

From Palmer's, an advanced hair remover cream that effectively dissolves away unwanted hair. * This fast-acting formula, enriched with moisturizing Cocoa butter and vitamin E, works in as little as 4 minutes and leaves your skin soft and smooth with longer lasting results than shaving. 

Use on legs, arms, underarms and bikini areas.

DIRECTIONS:
Wet area thoroughly where hair needs to be removed. Apply evenly with spatula over hair, covering completely. Do not rub in. Leave on for 4 minutes (maximum 10 minutes). Remove with spatula or washcloth. Rinse thoroughly. Pat Dray.

WARNING:
It is imperative to test the product before each use, following directions, on a small area where hair is to be remove. Wait 24 hours. If irritation or rash occurs do not use. Do not use on recently tweezed areas or on irritated, inflamed or broken skin.

INGREDIENTS
PURIFIED WATER (AQUA), CETYL ALCOHOL, CALCIUM HYDROXIDE, CETETH-20, THIOGLYCOLIC ACID, MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM), SODIUM HYROXIDE, LITHIUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER, TOCOHPERYL ACETATE, LINONENE, GERANIOL, CINNAMIC ALDEHYDE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, QUATERNIUM-15

How I use it:
I use the product as per direction before I take my shower. That is put the product on, leave it for about 6mins and then get ready for shower.

Start removing the product from the skin (starting from the 1st leg that I put the product on) using the given spatula. Remove it in a vertical line starting from your ankle up to your knee. I use with DRY spatula. Repeat until your done on 1 leg and move to the other.

Finally, have your shower ; )
I use Lux Shower Cream so I would lather up especially on the area I use to make sure the smell goes away and later on put some Vaseline lotion on to make sure my skin won't dry off.

Result: (sorry no pics here)
This product works really good. It actually removed 98% of my hair. Not sure whether I got the % right but it really works! Do note that during removal, I do felt some kind of sensation on my feet where the product was still there but it's not painful nor itchy. Something like when ure scratching your legs.

I think the reason why I lather up my shower cream was to remove the product residue entirely from my legs as I have read in other people's review that their legs becomes red with burning sensation when the product stays too long.

Conclusion:
Would I repurchase? Yes!

I don't know how long will it take for my hair to grow back as I just removed them 2 days ago. As of now, no hair yet :)

8 comments:

nihadriz said...

kelly, aku guna bodyshop sugaring wax hair removal. tak website bodyshop tak jumpa pulak.

application is easy for me, sebab kulit aku sensitive so tak boleh pakai lotion2 wax. and the strips are washable and reusable (kain kasa - sold separately). panaskan wax tu dalam microwave je 10 saat. pastu agak2 suam, apply kat kulit. tepek strip and pull the otehr way.

my legs stayed smooth for almost a month hehehehe~

kat bodyshop singapore ada jual sugaring roll on so lagi senang nak apply kot.

http://www.thebodyshop.com.sg/en/productdetail.aspx?prodid=934&subcateid=9&cateid=3

smashlee said...

kt kedai bodyshop m'sia smer ader ke sugar wax tu? strips pn?

klo wax mmg dier buang til roots, tu yg licin lame tu hehehehe

nihadriz said...

aku beli 3 tahun lepas kat bodyshop pavilion kalau tak silap. ke OU. strips dia cotton. jual jugak. tryla. aku suka hehehe... ada lagi sikit, adik aku pakai.

kalau orang jenis berbulu banyak payah sikit kot. sebab max boleh apply 2 kali je tempat sama. banyak2 kali nanti pedih. macam wax biasa la kan. heheheheh~

kalau dah bukak ko kena simpan dalam fridge sebab nanti semut hurung. stress aku haritu semut penuh dalam jar :P

smashlee said...

wokeehh. akan ku carik kt bodyshop sini...

smashlee said...

2 bodyshop dh aku pegi, xde jual pn sugar wax tu.. aku rase cm dh discontinued je.. yg bodyshop s'pore tu pn dier not really dlm current product list. more like in archive..

nihadriz said...

ko try buat sendiri la. ada recipe online. gula, air, lemon. tu je. pastu simpan dalam airtight jar. amacam? :D

Miss Nurul said...

susah2 nak beli,, beli kat saya jer...im selling sugaring hair removal ..all product tested before sell and based on instinct whether it works or not, i sell..lol..insyaAllah satisfactory..been using this for years already..

boleh lawat facebook page ni

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sugaring-Hair-Removal-Cheap-Easy/1475546092691996

Thank you!! -)

Sophie Grace said...

Wonderful article, thanks for putting this together! This is obviously one great post. Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here. There are wonderful blogs as yours on instagram, please check link desksta to see more.