Tuesday, March 27, 2007

WWR~

There is only one word to explain the experience = ADRENALINE-PUMPING.

I went for white water rafting last Saturday with a bunch of fren. Of course, this would be my 2nd time going for a raft (1st time in malaysia). My 1st time was in US, which is 3 years ago lol! So I was a bit scared. Hehee

We arrived at Sedim at 9.45am and start with the briefing. At 10, we had our water confidence training. Basically, u just jumped from a high point into the river, and practiced how u’ll be saved in case u were flipped over and carried by the current. The hardest part was the moment right before u jumped. I even thought in my mind that I am crazy for doing this. But anyway, I did. So at 10+, we started our journey. 11 of us were separated into 3 rafts (4-4-3) with a skipper (guide) in each boat. Mine was the 2nd boat. Sedim river is not as it seems from the road. From a glance, u could see the stream and think, “ah! It’s just a small river”. But once ure in, u’ll see the rapids and the flow. Wahh! Most of the rapids were class 3 and 4. But there was one class 5 rapid. It’s more like a waterfall, about 5-7 meters high. So, believe it or not, we did ride thru the fall in our boat! Another unbelievingly experience that I don’t think I will ever do.

The river was a bit different then the one we went in Kentucky, US. That river was wide and the water is on the higher level, so we were more on navigating. In Sedim, the river is small, and there were a lot of big rocks (and human picnicking in some parts of the river).

All in all, I couldn’t explain more about it. What is better than experiencing it on your own?!

http://www.sedimoutdoor.com

~Cheers!!!

----------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>
Next trip: Caving in Gua Tempurung on March 31st, 07.

No comments: