Thursday, April 10, 2008

Two Calls

I received two surprising phone call last night. One from an old friend of mine and one from my new friend.

The first friend had just returned to M'sia shore after about 4 months (I think) of sailing. He's a Marine Engineer so he claimed himself as 'orang darat' (seaman) and me as 'orang darat' (land-people). He called me occasionally when he's on his base shore (Vietnam) but everytime he called when he's back, the first thing he'd ask is, "Wei bile nak blanjer aku?" (When r u going to treat me?). LOL! This Seaman, through out his time on the sea, all his accomodation and foods are free! His salary is hardly used and yet he stil bugs me to treat him! Well, he's be back for a month or so until he'll be called on duty again. Maybe I'll meet him in KL later. We pretty met maybe once a year. haha! Sapo suro jadik orang laut? :p

The latter is much more interesting. Sorry Seaman. Muahahaha! I first 'know' him when he responded to my ad in a penpal site. Thanks to Y!, our mean of communication has been online messaging. We chat everyweek. Since he's from outside the country, it's interesting. Plus, he's older than me so it's nice to chat and see what a more so-called 'adult' is thinking. Notice the ' ', he's not adult some of the time (Sorry ha!) LOL! Anyway, we're talking about surprises before and he surely did when I received the call at 1+am this morning! There was a call earlier but I thought it's for my housemate coz the caller hanged up when I picked it. But it rang again after that. Once I heard the unfamiliar voice, I know it's him! I think it's the slang and English. hahaha my friends here would not call and speak in English. Make sense? So we talked about an hour (surprised?) and it's refreshing to listen to the accent. Reminds me of my international friends in Purdue. He said he called to listen how my voice sounds like Funny guy.. So I ended up sleeping at 2.30am for 2 days in a row now. At least I still go to work at 7.30am. =D

*updates*
--------------------------------------------------------
i loved working yesterday. tonnes of work to be done.

and i love working today as well! i did some work on my project for the review meeting. then prepared my Toastmaster speech the whole morning. later i attended the Toastmaster meeting during lunch time. it's was quite a turnout. we had 16 members attendance versus 5 compare to last meeting. by the time the meeting ended, i had only 30mins to do anything before the teambuilding meeting started. i then had my review meeting back-to-back after that. i'm finally settled down after everything. and it's 5.30 already! time to pack my bag and ciao! i like! i like!

2 comments:

hana said...

ececehh... there's someone to call u every nite... awwww

smashlee said...

ler.. not every nite ok.. i hardly received any call at all.. that nite coincidently i got two calls. really unexpected people plak tuh. hahaha!