Tuesday, June 16, 2009

B.L.O.O.D

in the news today, only 2% of Malaysians donate their blood. I am in the other 98%. I've been to blood donation drive but never had the gut to donate.. always there to accompany my friends. i don't know y, i think i hv plenty of blood to give out but i hv this itsy-bitsy tiny little problem.. i can't stand my own blood.. heck, i can't even survive the blood test in my Biology lab in high school. i feel a surge of nausea whenever i see my blood. altho in desperate time, i could; but i consider donating blood as non-desperate measure.

i remember the first time i went to a blood drive. i was accompanying a friend in Subang Medical Center (SMC). i think it's back in 2004. we're supposed to go out but my friend told me that he need to go to Subang to do something. i was okay so i followed. i only knew what he meant by 'something' when we arrive at SMC.

in the waiting room, there were a lot of people.. one of them, was the father of the little girl whom the blood plea was made for.. he had this video cam, recording messages for his remembrance. when he came to us, i was speechless coz everyone else in the room was waiting for their turn to donate.. all i could say when he thanked me for coming was, "i'm here to accompanying him.." (pointing to him next to me) but the father asked me anyway for a note of two for his daughter.

unfortunate for the little girl, she died 2 days later..

well... i'm still not ready to draw some blood out. dunno when i will..

No comments: