Sunday, October 14, 2012

Kuching, Sarawak Trip 2012 - Day 2 :: AM

Date: 6 (Thursday) -10 (Monday) Sept 2012

Day 2 
Location: Kuching Waterfront & Little India
Weather: Fine
Transportation: my feet

After googling that my destination today opens up early in the morning, I started my day early (early lah sgt --> 10-ish). So let me separate the day to 3 sections : AM, PM - afternoon, evening.

AM

The day before, I decided to take 2 tours while being here. With tips from a friend in the backpackers group in fb, I found a tour agent at the Grand Margherita Hotel. Of course, they're the 2 must-go places if u come to Kuching = Cultural Village and Semenggoh Orang Utan Sanctuary. So this afternoon, the Sanctuary would be the place. Morning was allocated to the most critical part of the trip --> CAMERA CHARGER HUNTING.

Bread for bfast then off to the Waterfront. Kuching Waterfront was in the midle of preparing for their Annual Regatta in the coming week. Along the stroll, u'll see Fort Margherita and Astana across the river. Along the way, u'll pass by the Chinese Museum, James Brooke Bistro and Kuching Main Bazaar; all in parallel with Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman and Jalan Main Bazaar. Oh, not forgotting the 3D mural painting of the old folks "Sang kancil dan Buaya" about how the smart-a** of a mousedeer fooled a group of crocodiles in order to cross the river w/o being eaten.

Otw to the Little India, I passed by the Old Court House. I'm not sure if the courthouse is still functioning though. Further walk along Jalan Gambir finally I managed to bought a temporary charger. Quite relieved, i started to snap photos hehehe. Well, the Little India here is a bit different than Penang's and KL's Little India. There weren't a lot of Indian's stuff. More of Malay-muslim items on sale. Bought Honey Sugarcane Drink to quinch my thirst and browsed around. And hey, there is no such thing as window-shopping so I packed up with new belt and 9 pairs of pants for my mum hahaha.

My lunch was a hard pau. So, DON'T BUY the PAUs sold by the shop along Jln Barrack (facing the side of the Old Court House). Look can be deceiving.


Full photo album of Day 2 here




No comments: