Sunday, October 14, 2012

Kuching, Sarawak Trip 2012 - Day 1


Date: 6 (Thursday) -10 (Monday) Sept 2012

Day 1
Weather: Raining
Transportation: AirAsia - shuttle van

The trip started off in 'kelam-kabut' mode. Almost cancelled it as I couldn't find my passport (although now I know that I could go with just IC to Borneo). With just 3 hours of sleep, I left Kulim around 4am and reached PG12 at 4.45am. Waited few minutes for Zaiedan to get out of the lab and sent me to Penang Airport. Dropped my bag and just sat for bfast at McD before going into the terminal at around 6.30am. Penang Airport just finished its exterior renovation so the internal area was very much still in construction.

Flight boarded and left in time despite of the heavy rain around 7.10am (kire aci la +/- 5mins).




Reached Kuching Intl Airport around 9am. After waited for the son of an aunt I met on the plane to pick up his mother, I walked out of the door and looked for Tune Hotel shuttle van but couldn't find it. When I called the hotel, they asked me to find the appointed travel agent 
(can't remember the name) over the car rentals area.

Actually, u have 2 options to go to the hotel/city area. 

1- take a cab (1 cab = RM26 /way)
2- take the hotel shuttle (in my case, Tune hotel) which cost RM10 BUT it's for minimum of 2 pax.

Since I was alone, the shuttle was the best option. Unlucky for me, there weren't anyone else going the same way. Actually there was, but by the time the agent came they already left for the cab. Silly me for telling that cab is cheaper for the 4 of them!

Anyway, on the way to the hotel, the driver (???) asked me when is my flight back and he responded that the earliest the shuttle depart fm the hotel is 8am which was too late for my 9.30am flight. So he offered to send me on Monday for the same price. Ok-lah since I know it'll be just me like that day. He also told me he's free the next day so if I want, he could bring me around for the area outside of Kuching (promoting tourist guide la ni..). I just told him I'll gv him a call if I need him as I haven't really planned my itenary yet.

So, I reached Tune Hotel at 10am. Since check in is at 2pm, I walked around to survey the area. I was actually in search of a camera shop since I didn't bring my charger (couldn't find it in time) Hence, the lack of photo. Went to Tun Jugah and Riverside Mall. For some reason, most of the shop was not yet open for business.

Well, I ended up buying a SE handsfree instead (my God, I left a lot of things! Lenkali xleh last minute packing and being in the midst of moving houses didn't help either).

Back to the hotel, I called in for the daily meeting at 1pm and later checked in at 1.45pm. The receptionist told me I could check in at 1.30 but i was in the middle of the meeting, so I told them to wait forst.

Dropped my bag in, snapped some photos of the room and... zZzZzZzzzzz :)


original plan was for 2pax but my ex-housemate couldn't go, so it turned out to be a solo trip.

The bed was super comfy that I only woke up around 8pm (qada' my 5 hrs of sleep!) hahaha. Not much photo since I was saving the battery until I bought a charger. So for night time, I just walked around the Waterfront to see how the view was. Had my dinner by the river, very $$$.
the famous Cat Status in front of Tun Jugah Mall

Thai Fried Rice - this version with crunchy salted fish. 

3 comments:

FariDdA AshiKen BinTi Meor ShahaRiM said...

bestnye

smashlee said...

tu laaa fifi.. spe suro x g..

Blogger said...

With RentalCars you can find affordable car hires at over 49,000 locations across the world.