Sunday, January 17, 2016

Travelog Australia 2015: Departure to Melbourne

Date: June 24th, 2015

Days before the trip were hectic. The 1st phase of my project was nearing to the end so I was glad I planned and booked earlier for this trip. Me and Nadiah (from now one, referred to as Nad) would be taking the 1.40pm AAX flight while Zikri (Eki) the 10.30am MAS.

We plan to meet in KLIA since I need to pass the foods to Eki. Met up with Nad at 7.30am. Eki only reached the airport at 8.30am due to the traffic. We had to scrambled to pack the food into his bags. It was maddening as he was so relaxed even it was already 9.00am and he hasn't checked in!!! Typical of guys -_-'



Well, we finally settled Eki when he went to the departure hall at 10am. We hopped onto ERL to KLIA2 for our flight. We had our breakfast, checked in and wandered around before our boarding.

Lucky us, we were seated together at the 2-seat area near the rear of the plan. Less crowded and surprisingly a lot of people dozed off once boarded, including Nad. not surprisingly as most of us didn't purchase the inflight entertainment. As for me, I took out the mp3 and started reading the novel I just bought at the terminal.

Nothing much happened during the flight. I read through the journey, left with the last chapter by the time we landed. 

We stepped on Aussie land around midnight. There were few other flights arriving so it's quite busy in the airport. Quiet, but busy. Since we only had cookies in our pack, we breezed through the customs after some 'mini interview' with some officers after the Immigration. This was the 1st Customs officer check points where they checked our declaration form, made some weird marking on it and asked us few question about our trips .

By the time we cleared everything, it's closed to 1.30am. Met with Eki who had arrived couple of hours earlier than us and walked out to meet with my friend who's currently working in Melb, Nadiah. It was cold, I think around 10 degrees. We finally reached her house around 2am. Had our sahur (Briani haha) and short nap before leaving for Melbourne CBD few hours after.

I had Nad to buy the myki Visitor pass as I knew we got no time to get it ourselves. It costs AUD14 and includes AUD8 myki money for travel.

That, I will continue in the next entry.

No comments: