Sunday, January 17, 2016

Travelog Australia 2015: Greenhouse Backpackers Hostel, Melbourne CBD

Date: June 25th, 2015

This post will serve both as continuation of my Travelog as well as the partial hostel review.

Continue from the checking in. During the check-in, we're required to fill in a form which asked us for our passport number. It was then I realized I couldnt find mine. I've searched through my bag and still couldnt find it so I just wrote my IC number huhu. Since it was late (around 10.30pm), we want to just get into our rooms. We're both located in the same floor but different room - Me and Nad into the female shared room and Eki to the male shared room. 

It was already dark when both of us went into our room. I have to take everything out of my bag in the dark using only a small torch to look for my passport. Still, I couldnt find it. Afraid that the noise might woke everyone up, I just repack and settled down to sleep by then. There was nothing much I could do other than waiting for the next day....
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hostel Review.
Location: 228 Flinders Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia (5mins walk from Flinders St. station)
Web: www.greenhousebackpacker.com.au/

This hostel is located at Flinders Lane, which is close to Swanston Street and Flinders Street. The main reason we chose the hostel was due to its location- near to the main train station as well as our tour pick up point.

I booked the room directly thorugh the hostel webpage. Female dorm share costed AUD29 per night We didn't know which type of room ure in until we checked in. There were 5 people in the room (2 double deckers + 1 single bed) and since it's a dorm type, the bathroom is a shared one. Dont worry, although the floor itself is a mixed floor, the restroom is separated between male and female. There is also a small toilet near our room so we dont need to walk all the way to the main bathroom. I couldnt take the photo of the room since it was a mess and already dark. But they're basic and clean - bed and locker available but u need to bring ur own lock.

Common area included the kitchen, dining area, reception area and laundry room. There is a roof top area but we didnt hv time to take a look. The kitchen was huge. There were few fridge to put your food as well as a lot of stoves to cook. Since it was Ramadhan, we just woofed up sandwiches for our Sahur the night we checked in.
Wifi is free at the dining/lounge area at the reception floor. There are few PCs available to be used. The rooms are all on the top level. Dont worry, there is a lift in the building so you can skip the stairs if u want. There is also a free luggage room available next to the reception if u want to drop ur bags prior checking in or after check out.

Outside, the police station is next door within the same building. If u turn left at the entrance, u'll come out to Swanston Street, facing St. Paul's Cathedral. If u turn right, u'll come out to Elizabeth Street, right at the main Tram Station. Coles and Macca are both located 5mins away :)

All in all, I will definitely recommend this hostel. I myself will stay again if I visit Melbourne again.

No comments: