Thursday, September 04, 2008

1st Impression.. of Intel. Back in 2006

i think it's too late to write this topic but a recent blog triggers me.. this topic is kinda interesting..

dress code - my 1st day in intel - July 17th, '06. The 1st person I saw back then was my hiring manager, CH Kok. He looked sporting and nice but the thing I realized the most was his attire. He was wearing a windbreaker, a collared-T, light blue jeans and sneakers! I felt seriously overdressed with my shirt, tailored pants and handbag. huhuu. But i quickly embraced this casual dress code here on my 2nd day and it's fun. I dont need to think of what to wear and what to buy. Simply b'coz i can recycle my college wardrobe (not that i brought back a lot from the States!) and there is no need to spend gizzilion of $$ to buy new work stuff. Some people stil cant believe that an engineer wears T, jeans and sneakers to work LOL!

parking - Since i met him outside of intel campus, i have to drive to KM2. Unfortunately for me, it's past 9am and i hv to park at 'the end of the world'. Gosh! there is a designated parking for new hires?? Of course there was none, but i vowed not to come late to office to avoid having to walk long distance to the office. Now i roughly arrived at the office arnd 7.40am to get the best spot! hehee. Frm observation, I feel grateful that our carpark is directly in front of the building entrance. I saw a lot of factories have carparks away and behind the buildings..

Cubicle - simply known as 'cube'. It's designed to be shared by 4 people. roughly about 12x12 but i'm sooo lucky that i have the whole space on my own! The not-good-thing is that it's next to the main walkway of the floor. Everybody can see what u were doing. LOL! White countertop with blue-light green stripe wall.. pretty dull for me.. Of course, my wall 'deco' was up at no time. Now i'm in single cube at KM3 and i can put anything i want here.. No one really bothers. Humans walking arnd here are people with cubicle the same row as me.

Acronyms - Wow! GPTW, BKM, APAC, TDE, TMG, ATTD. I wondered how the heck am i going to remember all of these. Thnx a lot to my x-buddy to introduce me to Intel Acronyms Library (now we use Intelpedia) to 'get to know' those extensively used acronyms.. especially in the meeting.. My 1st staff meeting, i ended up copying down all those terms in confusion..

Old vs new gen - I still think the most happening team i had was my 1st team - MCPD (Modular Comm Pltfm Div). Not much difference btwn the so-called old people and new people. Both are young at heart ; )

4 comments:

hana said...

intelpedia! *gasps* gosh...
we have "time savers" about ergonometry + anthopometry
but damn it's so thick + heavy!
(=__= ")

Anonymous said...

I heart Intel hahaha

smashlee said...

Intelpedia is like Wikipedia.. So we dont hv a book or anything.. everything is online..

Gonna miss these soon. pasni taleh access da.. huhuu

hanimichi said...

flashback..hehehe...
teringat aku masa mula2 join TDE....