Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Kuching, Sarawak Trip 2012 - Day 3 AM :: SVC


 Date: 6 (Thursday) -10 (Monday) Sept 2012

Day 3 

Location: Sarawak Cultural Village & Kg. Boyan.
Weather: Fine
Transportation: tour pick up, my feet

AM 


Pick up was supposed to be at 9am but the tour-person-in charge gave me a call at 8.30am asking whether I was ready. Unfortunately i just had my shower so he said he'll go and pick up others first. Turn out, i was the last one to board. And lucky me, since I was alone, I can sit next to the driver : )


Anyway, it took us about 30mins to reach our destination, Sarawak Cultural Village (SVC). SVC is located at the base of Mount Santubong, 35km from Kuching Town. The tour price : SVC RM80 for return transportation and adult entrance ticket. But if u go separately, ticket price for adult is RM60/ kids 6-12yrs RM30. I read somewhere that u can get discount if u buy from tour agent, hence I dont really know how much is my actual ticket price.
 


On our way there, we past by Kuching River, Petra Jaya, Samariang and towards Santubong. From far, I could see the legendary Mount Santubong and Mount Sejinjang. If ure Malaysian, u may know of the famous Princess Santubong and Princess Sejinjang song.

"Oh……Puteri Santubong,

Sejinjang sayang,
Kisah lama, Zaman mensia maya.
Puteri Santubong, Puteri Sejinjang,
Penjaga gunung Negeri Sarawak,
Manis sik ada dapat dilawan,
Anak dak Dewa turun kayangan.
Oh……
Santubong puteri bertenun kain malam,
Oh……
Sejinjang puteri menumbuk padi siang.
Satu hari nya dua kelahi,
Beranuk anuk sik renti-renti,
Seorang madah dirik bagus agik,
Seorang sik ngalah walau sampai ke mati.
Udah lejuk nya duak kelahi,
Lalu bertukuk nya duak puteri,
Sejinjang mengayun aluk ke pipi,
Tebik Santubong sampai gituk ari.
Tapi Santubong membalas juak,
Lalu ditikam batang belidak,
Sampei terkena Sejinjang kepala,
Lalu bertabor jadi Pulo Kera.
Kisah Santubong, kisah Sejinjang,
Asal berkawan jadi musuhan,
Kinik tuk tinggal jadi kenangan,
Pakei ingatan sepanjang zaman."

Generally, the legend goes around of the fight between 2 very close princess. There are of course, a lot of version for this folks' legend. I wont explain it all so u can read it here.  The scenery along the way was beautiful. Green and calm, I would say.



What i see along the way.. 
fm top left CW: Tune hotel, pass by old DUN, Mt Santubong, Mt Sejinjang

Back to SVC, this place has a lot to see. There are all the local ethnics home such as Iban, Bidayuh, Orang Ulu, Melanau, as well as other minor tribes. I won't ramble here as the main SVC website already explained in detailed as to what are there to visit. But do take not, altho the entry on SVC is short, this is a MUST-GO place when ure in Kuching. It's the easies and simplest way of understanding who Sarawak are made of. 

 the entrance and the map
 Some of the local houses. U can climb, eat and try a lot of stuff in there :)
ok, the guy in the middle photo is very famous. if u watch the ads in TV, u'll recognise his face hehe. i only noticed him once i was back fm the trip

Apart frm visiting these houses and trying out their respecive delicacies, u must watch their cultural show. There are 2 cultural shows per day (11.30am and 4pm, each for 45mins) and during school holidays, an additional show will be available.


By the time I finished walking and having my own tour, I had around 30mins before the van picked us up. So I bought some banana fritters (very nice, price wise same like in Kulim) and coconut drink. Actually, Damai beach was just a stone throw away but the hot weather just turned me off to go for a stroll there. I was content with my fritters, coconut drink under the shades at the shuttle bay hehehe



Well, I was dropped off last at Tune around 3pm. PM journey to be continued after 2+ hrs of "nap".

Sarawak Cultural Village

Pantai Damai, Santubong,
93752 Kuching,
Sarawak, Malaysia.
Tel: (6082) 846 411
Fax: (6082) 846 988
Email: enquiry@scv.com.my
Website: http://www.scv.com.my

No comments: