Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Kuching, Sarawak Trip 2012 - Day 4 :: PM – around town & 'Mini' Sarawak River Cruise

Date: 6 (Thursday) -10 (Monday) Sept 2012

Day 4 
Location: Sarawak River Cruise.
Weather: Fine
Transportation: my feet

PM 

Well.. since I accidentally concluded my 5th day post, I'm kinda lazy to write more for this one.. So this will be a short posting. 

One activity that is a MUST while being in Kuching is the River Cruise. There are actually few tour, depending on ur budget. The biggest boat (and the most expensive one) is obviously the most happening cruise. That one cost RM60 for an adult. This boat cruise from 5-7palong the river to see the attractions along the way. It is a 1.5 hour trip with commentary, refreshments and a cultural show.  If u take the last cruise (around 5pm), u will be able to view the sunset overlooking Mt. Santubong. If I'm not mistaken, the same cruise is cheaper by 10% in the morning session. Well, being a cheapskate, I opt for the smaller cruise hahaha. Cost me RM20 for the 1hr journey. Not so bad although it doesnt go all the way towards the edge of the river like the bigger boat does.


Experienced enough, we had some little drama where the engine wouldn't start and the boat already drifting away from the jetty hehehe. The guide said it's due to exhaustion coz it's been the same boat cruising through out the day. Anyway, it did roared back alive after few attempt.






Last but not the least, my final dinner in Kuching. Since i'm alone, it felt awkward to eat at the foodcourt on my own. So i decided to tapau back and eat in the room while watching some movies. I went to the same restaurant before and ordered the crispy oyster omelette, 4 fat butter prawns and sayur midin. All for RM40. It could be cheaper if it's for 2 hahahaha. Anyway, this is why i said u need to be more than 1 person to totally enjoy the seafood here. *sigh*


No comments: