Thursday, January 08, 2009

Toastmasters Kulim --> Sydney

My 1st day of coming to work at full hour (8-5.30) since my 2-week holiday. I'll be having my 5th CC speech in my Toastmasters meeting tonight. Strangely, I do feel nervous as I have taken a rest for a very long time since my 4th speech.

I was reading an article from Los Angeles Times (
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-cover1-2008jun01,0,3452770,full.story) when i noticed one thing.

What is Toastmaster? I would normally say it's a club to improve public speaking and getting into leadership. Then it hit me when I remembered Distinguished ToastMaster (DTM) KK Chew said. It's about the PEOPLE.

I have to raise my arm agreeing 100%. It really is about the people. I know this first hand. My close circle of friends are fellow Toastmaster for our home base Intel Kulim. We have guests even saying they're surprised on how close we are. You just have to come and see to believe it.

Knowing I'm coming closer to my end chapter here, I'm looking forward to a new beginning in UNSW, New South Wales Aussie soon. I really hope I would be able to find the same if not better circle of friends, not merely acquaintances.

http://www.toastmasters.org/

No comments: