Friday, August 27, 2010

death road

in today's news (Utusan), Kedah state police announced the so called "sakratul maut" roads aka jln yg plg accident-prone and high death rate in the state.
out of the list, i could recognize the common road that i always used back while i was working in kulim: Km12 Jln Kulim-Mahang (express bus route to Kulim), Km32 Jln Kulim-Baling and Simpang 3 Landak Jln Kulim - Gerik (route to my cousin's school, to Hot Water Spring); and Km 58-60 PLUS Pendang and Km26 Jln Serdang-Kulim (most common route which i always take when i drive back to KL).


so it's 7 out of 25 roads. more than 25%. but, the accidents i had been involved with were neither on those huhu.


As for express bus, so far the most reliable for me has always been Plusliner. although most of the times it was pretty irritating when all other buses passed us but it's better safe than sorry. the seats i always chose will be behind the driver. and being Kulim is not a such popular destination, i was able to have both seats to myself hehehe.


and of coz, being me. i cant sleep through the journey. so most of the time, what i did was observing the driver and the speedometer :p and believe me, 98% of the Plusliner driver will drive at most 90 km/hr (my journey so far). so kulim - kl (vice-versa) will take 5hrs (compare to me driving for 3.5hrs).

No comments: